Anthrax Death Rate
The anthrax death rate (the percentage of people who die from the disease) depends on a number of factors, including the type of anthrax, the strain of anthrax bacteria, how early the anthrax is diagnosed, and the patient's age and general health. The cutaneous anthrax death rate is 20 percent without antibiotic treatment and less than 1 percent with it. There have not been enough cases of inhalation anthrax to know the precise anthrax death rate. The gastrointestinal anthrax death rate is estimated to be 25 to 60 percent.
Anthrax Death Rate: An OverviewThe anthrax death rate is the percentage of people who die from the disease. The anthrax death rate will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The type of anthrax (see Types of Anthrax)
- How early anthrax is diagnosed
- How early anthrax treatment is started
- The strain of anthrax bacteria (Bacillus anthracis)
- The patient's age and general health.